This is another experimental (work in progress) recipe. This time a dessert. My twist on a more basic recipe I came across. This is actually version number two. The original recipe called for double the peanut butter and sugar now shown for the Peanut Butter Layer. (Photo’s appearing here are from the original attempt with the double dose of peanut butter). I love Peanut Butter but that amount was way over the top, even for me. The recipe shown below has cut the peanut butter layer in half.
This is made in a 9 inch spring form pan. No baking required. Someday I am going to attempt this one while camping. Using ice and a Cast Iron Dutch Oven to do the chilling.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheese Cake
10 Graham crackers
7 Tbsp. Melted butter
¼ tsp. Cinnamon
2 pinch Salt
24 ounces Cream cheese (Room Temperature)
1½ Cups Powdered sugar
2 pinch Salt
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1½ Cups Chocolate chips, melted
1 Cups Peanut butter, melted
1/2 Cup Powdered sugar
1/16 tsp. Cayenne Pepper powder
1 1/2 Cup Crushed Chocolate Cookies
Crumb Crust Bottom Layer
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9 inch spring form pan with wax paper.
2. Crush graham crackers. In a bowl, whisk the Cinnamon and Salt into the crumbs
3. Pour the melted butter into the crumb mixture and mix until uniformly damp.
4. Press the graham cracker crumbs/butter mixture into the bottom of the 9-inch pan
Cover & Refrigerate while mixing the cheese layer.
Cream Cheese Chocolate Layer
5. In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese until smooth.
6. Add powdered sugar and salt, then mix until uniformly blended
- Add vanilla and continue to mix until blended in.
8. Add the melted chocolate and mix until uniformly blended
- Spoon the mixture over the graham cracker crust in the spring form pan. Smooth out over the top of the cracker crust.
Cover & Refrigerate while mixing the Peanut Butter layer.
Peanut Butter Top Layer
- In a large bowl, mix together melted peanut butter and confectioner’s sugar.
11. Pour mixture over cheese/chocolate layer in the spring form pan. Spread it evenly over cheese layer.
- Refrigerate 2-4 hours
Crushed Cookie Topping
13. Prior to serving cover the Peanut Butter Layer with the Crushed Chocolate Cookie Topping
Remove from spring form pan. Pull off the wax paper sides. Slide onto a serving plate. Slice and serve while cold.. Keep cold/refrigerated.
3,963 total views, 4 views today