COOKIES: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
Personal Recipe: Rick Beach
Servings 36 Cookies
- 1 Cup Butter Softened
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1/2 Cup white sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Pinch Clove Powder
- 1 Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 3 Cups Quick Cooking Oatmeal
- 1 Cups Nestle’s® Chocolate Chips Optional: Substitute Rasins or Dried Cranberries in place of the Chocolate Chips
- Preheat Oven 325°F
- In large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar, until smooth and just starts to fluff. Beat the eggs in one at a time. Then beat in the vanilla.
- In another bowl combine the Flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, cayenne, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Stir the flour & Spice mixture into the Creamed butter mixture.
- Stir and fold in the quick oats
- Fold in the Chocolate chips. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Allow to cool about 5 minutes then transfer them to a wire cooling rack.