RECIPE SWEET LIME PIE
This is a "Sweet Lime" Pie recipe. For those unfamiliar with Sweet Limes, when ripe and at peak flavor, they appear more like a lemon. Yellow skin, and pale green on the interior. We grow these in our yard and start enjoying them the middle of December. Key Lime juice could be substituted if you have access to those instead.
Servings 1 Pie
- 5 Egg Yokes Beaten
- 1 Can 14oz Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Lime Juice
- 1/8 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Pinch Salt Fine ground Sea Salt
- 1 9 inch Prepared Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat Oven to 375°F
- Combine the beaten egg yokes, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, salt, and lime juice. Whisk well until silky smooth. Dump into the unbaked graham cracker crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Toothpick test should come out clean. Do no over bake.
- Allow to cool then chill.
- Top with whipped cream when served.