RECIPE Cookie Press Christmas Cookies
Using a cookie press you can create little shortbread type Holiday cookies [Spritz] that are typically decorated with icing, sprinkles, and colored sugars.
Servings 90 Cookies
Plain/Vanilla Spritz Cookie Press Cookies
- 2/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 Cups Flour
Chocolate Spritz Cookie Press Cookies
- 3/4 Cup Ganulated Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cup Butter
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3 1/4 Cup Flour
- 3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- There are two separate recipes above. One for white cookies, Another for Chocolate cookies. Mix them separately. Bake them separately. If you make both recipes you will end up with about 90 cookies in total
Mixing/Baking the White/Plain/Vaniliia Cookies
- Heat oven to 375°F
- In large mixer bowl combine sugar, butter, egg, salt, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture is light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add flour. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place dough in cookie press. Form desired shapes 1 inch apart on cookie sheets. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
Mixing/Baking the Chocolate Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars, and vanilla, until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture. Shape dough into a log and place in your cookie press.
- Press cookies out onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Layered Vanilla & Chocolate Cookies
- Used press with wide saw toothed die and lay out a long strip. On top layer a long strip of white/vanilla
- Variation use crushed candy, (Crushed candy canes work good) between the layers. Cut the strips in bite sizes and bake at 350°F for about 10 minutes.
- Decorate with white or colored icing and sprinkles.
- To make pinwheels Roll a Layer of the Vanilla dough out on wax paper. On a second piece of wax paper roll out a thin lay of the Chocolate dough. Flip the chocolate layer over on top of the white. Press dough together slightly. Peel off the top layer of wax paper. Roll the double layer of white and chocolate into a log removing the bottom wax paper. Cover the dough log with wax paper. Then cover in foil and chill in the fridge for about an hour. Then remove foil and wax paper, and slice disks off the log about 1/4 inch thick. Arrange on cookie sheet and bake as directed above.
2,156 total views, 1 views today