RECIPE MEATLOAF MINI BUNDT CAKE PAN
Great looking & tasting individual servings. Start your mashed potatoes right after you pop your meat mixture in the oven to bake. These will all come together while things are hot. Serve with a side of steamed vegetables, bread, etc. ~Rick Beach
Servings 6 Servings
- 1 1/2 lb Ground Beef Lean or Sirlon
- 2 Gloves garlic Minced
- 1 Med Onion Diced
- 3/4 Cup Celery Sliced/Chopped
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 1 Cup Bread cubed
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Yellow French's Hot Dog type
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Liquid Smoke Hickory Flavor
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro dried flakes
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper ground
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 3 Large Russet Potatoes Peeled and cubed
- 3 Cloves garlic Peeled
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 1/2 Cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp Salt
- Bacon Crumbs and Chopped Chives Optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Saute the Garlic, Onions, and Celery in a small amount of olive oil.
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix together by hand.
- Divide the meat mixture into 6 equal parts. Press into a greased (6) mini bundt pan. [I use half of my 12 unit pan]
- Bake 45 minutes. Turn out upside down on a foil lined cookie sheet. Pre Grease or spray oil the foil first. Add the topping and return to the oven to broil.
- Set Oven to High Broil. Spread the 1/2 cup ketchup topping on the exposed tops of the 6 upside down mini meatloaves. Dividing the ketchup equally and using it up. Immediately return the 6 mini's to the oven and broil the ketchup side up for 5 minutes. The topping ketchup should be broiled just enough to slightly dry it, but not brown or burn it. Remove from the oven and top with mashed potatoes before serving.
- Cover cubed potatoes with water, salt and gloves. Cook at a low boil for 20 minutes. Test potatoes to see if close to done. Stir and continue to low boil about another 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Skim off the garlic (save it), then drain off the water. Crush the cooked garlic cloves with the back of a spoon. Return the drained cooked potatoes and the cooked crushed garlic to the still hot cooking pan. Add the Butter, Buttermilk, and salt. Allow the butter to melt.
- First mash the potatoes with a potato masher, Then whip them using a mixer until they are fluffy. Adjust your milk to get the desired consistency. Be careful not to add too much liquid.
- Use a piping bag and tip, or a spoon to top the baked mini meatloaves with whipped mashed potatoes. Garnish and serve.