Recipe & Image ©Rick Beach
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup canola oil
1/8 cup melted butter (but not hot)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine 1 cup water, vinegar, and vanilla. Whisk together. Just prior to combining the liquids to the dry whisk the beaten egg into the water vinegar/vanilla mixture. Whisk quickly then immediately progress to adding to the dry mixture.
- Pour the mixed liquids into the well of the dry mixture. Stir well with a whisk until combined.
- Stir in Chocolate Chips.
- Add in the oil/melted butter mixture. Stir until combined.
- Place 12 muffin-cup liners in muffin cups, and coat liners with cooking spray. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack.
1,092 total views, 2 views today