APPLE TURNOVER Minnie Size
Servings 48 Turnovers
- 4 Uncooked Pie shells 9 inch You may want to have extra dough justcase...so you can use all the filling
- 21 oz Canned Apple Pie Filling
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- In a bowl first slice up the apples into small bits about 1/4 inch. Next mix in the Sugar,Cinnamon, and salt. [more or less sugar to sweeten to taste] Set this apple filling mixture aside.
- Roll Pie Crust dough to pie crust thickness on a piece of plastic wrap laid out on your counter. Cut circles of dough (about 3 inch diameter) with a biscuit cutter or the top of a drinking glass or opened can. Pull up all the trimmed dough pieces. Ball up the trimmings and roll that out and cut more circles. Repeat until you have made use of all the dough.
- Take a small piece of butter, about the size of half a pea. Put a small piece of butter into the center of each dough circle. Next spoon about a 1/2 teaspoon of your pie filling mixture on to the center of each dough circle. Fold the dough to make a half circle with a pocket of the filling inside. Seal the edge using fork to press them together.
- 3 Baking Options
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven, on a grease cookie sheet, 8 to 12 minutes . Or until just starting to brown.
- Bake in a preheated 350° Dutch Oven, greased, 8 to 12 minutes. Or until just starting to brown
- Deep Fry at 375° until golden brown. It won’t take but a minute or two. Watch them closely.
Turnovers can be glazed with cream cheese icing, brushed with a powdered sugar type glaze, or sprinkled with powdered sugar. This makes a bunch!