WAGNER – FOUNDRY

This is a Page to collect information on this particular Foundry or Brand name.  Anything like its history, locations, years of operations, cast iron or other names cast by this company, etc.  This can be newspaper clippings, catalogs, etc.

Wagner Manufacturing Company 1891.  Though the Wagner brothers [Bernard & Milton] started making castings of hardware in 1881.  In 1891 two more brother were added [William & Louis] and Wagner Manufacturing Company emerged and produced cast iron cookware.

1952 Randall Corporation purchases Wagner Manufacturing.

In March of 1957 McGraw Edison Inc. buys Griswold.

December of 1957 McGraw Edison sells Griswold to Randall Corp. who already owned Wagner.  At or near this same time, the Griswold plant in Erie, Pennsylvania was shut down and any Griswold cookware made after this time was produced out of the Wagner plant in Sidney, Ohio.

1969 General Housewares Corp. [GHC] bought Texton Inc. which included the Griswold and Wagner cast iron Cookware lines.  For a brief time starting perhaps in 1969, some cast iron was produced with the casting marks of Wagner Ware GHC

1996 a Former employee of Wagner and a group of investors purchased the Wagner and Griswold cookware lines.  That company was WagnerWare Corporation.  They closed in 1999

2000 American Culinary Corporation purchased the rights, legacy, and remaining facilities of the Wagner and Griswold lines.

The former employee [Peter Pike], who with investors ,in 1996 formed the WagnerWare Corporation.  Is the President/CEO of the American Culinary Corporation.

AmericanCulinarycorp.com

Wagner Ware GHC marked – Circa 1969

WagnerWare or WagnerWare Co marked ?  – Circa 1996 +  ?

1891 Original Cast Iron marked – Was a Centennial Commemorative produced starting in 1991.    – Circa 1991 through the late 1990’s.

Please Email info to   info@toponautic.com

 1,468 total views,  4 views today